The W201 – Basic Principles in Occupational Hygiene Training course is a foundation module under the OHTA (Occupational Hygiene Training Association) international qualification scheme. BOHS are the UK examining board for this module and Gully Howard Technical are the course providers. Candidates will take an open book written examination at the end of the module, and undertake practical work during the course.
To view the W201 course syllabus, please click here.
W201 – Basic Principles in Occupational Hygiene Training aims to provide the delegate with an introductory level course, outlining the broad principles of Occupational Hygiene as the basis for anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of hazards that can be encountered in the workplace.
On successful completion of this module the student should have a basic understanding of:
- The value of occupational hygiene and the role of the occupational hygienist.
- The range of hazards [physical and chemical] in the workplace.
- Hazard recognition techniques.
- Sources and potential routes of exposure.
- Hazard evaluation, exposure assessment and the measurement processes.
- Methods of controlling exposure.
- The management of occupational hygiene programmes.