The M506 Ergonomics Training course is an optional module that will provide you with a broad-based introduction to ergonomic principles and their application in the design of work, equipment and the workplace. Consideration is given to muscular-skeletal disorders, manual handling, and ergonomic aspects of the environment as well as to the social and legal aspects.
BOHS are the UK examining board for this module and Gully Howard Technical are the course providers. Candidates will take an open book written examination at the end of the module, and complete an assessed practical during the course.
View the detailed M506 syllabus here.
This course aims to provide candidates with a broad based introduction to ergonomic principles and their application in the design of work, equipment, and the workplace. Consideration is given to Musculo-skeletal disorders, manual handling, ergonomic aspects of the environment as well as the social and legal aspects. Study of this module is beneficial to persons wishing to qualify for the Certificate of Competence in this subject.
On completing this course successfully the student will be able to:
- Understand and apply ergonomic principles to the creation of safer, healthier, and more efficient and effective activities in the workplace.
- Understand ergonomic risk assessments and appropriate control measures.
- Understand the causes of upper limb disorders and how to reduce them.
- Appreciate workplace layout and equipment design.
- Appreciate environmental aspects of good ergonomic design.
**ONLINE COURSES** require to have access to the ZOOM platform via computer/laptop with 2 way audio and visual (webcam).