BOHS are the UK examining board for this module and Gully Howard Technical are the course providers. Candidates will take an open book written examination at the end of the module, and complete an assessed practical during the course. View the detailed M502 course syllabus here.
This course aims to provide the student with a sound understanding of the effects of the thermal environment on people and the means of assessing and controlling the risks associated with thermal stress.
On completing this course successfully the student will be able to:
- Identify sources of thermal stress within the working environment.
- Understand the nature of thermal strain on the body.
- Make an assessment of the thermal environment through appropriate measurement and other means.
- Evaluate the likely risk of exposure to thermal stress.
- Suggest appropriate control approaches for the thermal environment.
We recommend this course is taken in person, at one of our UK centres due to the large practical elements.
**ONLINE COURSES** require to have access to the ZOOM platform via computer/laptop with 2 way audio and visual (webcam).